Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 -30 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 1:28

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.
Maya Angelou

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley

We travel together, passengers on a little spaceship, dependent on it's vulnerable reserves of air and soil, all committed, for our safety, to it's security and peace. Preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work and the love we give our fragile craft.
Adlai E. Stevenson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 -30 -13

Beautiful quotes today, thank you, Don! I am glad you are a fellow-traveler on spaceship Earth

o

Wonderful quotes. You would think that by now we know so much about each other that prejudice would cease, but is has not helped.

o

"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."
Aldous Huxley

Hmm, I have to think about this one. I don't know about the word "everyone".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here