Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 - 22 -14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 2:01

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Buddha

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
Albert Einstein

Joy is not in things; it is in us.
Richard Wagner

A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked.
Anais Nin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 - 22 -14

Here are my joys this morning:
I am alive!
Water came out of the faucet
There were enough embers in the wood-stove to get the fire started
I am having a cup of hot, strong coffee
And so the day begins :)

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 11:26

Here are my joys, this morning:

I, too, am alive!

The sky is a glorious blue with nary a cloud, the sun is shining brilliantly, there are at least 8 inches of pure white snow covering everything--and we don't have to go anywhere! We can stay inside and enjoy it!

Stay warm, if that's what you need to do, but enjoy the beauty of God's world, wherever you are.

o

My joy today is a little bit more prosaic - the water main break was after our subdivision in a mostly industrial area. More snow would be welcome, it makes a pretty good insulation against the minus windchill temps.

o

Yes, there is joy in waking up with the sun and have a whole day before me.
But I have to let the first quote be my mantra these days.I'm having a devil of a time trying to crochet a couple of eyes for a minion hat. I can do it, I can do it............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here