Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missy_gardenwhimsy

A message regarding Don Case

Missy_GardenWhimsy
13 years ago

Dear friends of Don Case, Don has been in the Emergency Room for the past two days because of a problem with his heart but he is doing much better now and tonight they moved him to an ICU room and he is very glad about that. The doctors are going to check more things tomorrow and he may be released to come home in the afternoon. He will check in when he gets home. He is so lucky that he went to the hospital when he did!

We have always appreciated your kind and loving ways.

Love to all of you... Missy

Comments (20)

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Missy, please give Don my best wishes and I hope for a very speedy recovery. I am so sorry to hear about his health problem. My candle will be lit for him.
    Thanks for telling us. Please take good care of yourself.
    Anneliese

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    13 years ago

Don and Missy, I hope this health glitch is soon behind you and that you are soon back to your normal places.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Godspeed in his recovery. You and he are both true gems! I agree, thank you for the update.

-Robin

• mwoods
    13 years ago

Missy,how scary for both of you.From what you wrote it sounds as if he's in very good hands and how wonderful if he gets to be home soon.I'll bet he's climbing the walls about now. Thanks for letting us know..we'll be waiting to hear what's going on,and yes,true gems.

• lilod
    13 years ago

Thank you, Missy, for letting us know. That is really scary to have such an emergency, looks as though he's in good hands.
    Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery and take care of yourself

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Get well, my friend.

Michael

• meldy_nva
    13 years ago

We truly do appreciate your update. Tell Don we send best wishes for a speedy recovery and are looking forward to his next posting.

meldy

• mjmercer
    13 years ago

Feel better soon, Don. Hugs to you & Missy.

Karen

• batyabeth
    13 years ago

What amazes me is that when one of us is doing very poorly, his/her spouse pops in to update us. Whatta gang, where people we've never "really" met, have their spouses let us know stuff, and that such a clear case of kindness is considered perfectly natural. I like you folks.
    Best wishes for Don to be back on the horse soon.

• gandle
    13 years ago

A heartfelt wish for a speedy recovery.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Missy, thanks so much for telling us about Don's condition. It is wonderful to hear he is doing better and may be able to come home, soon.

Heartfelt hugs, good wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery are coming to CA for both of you.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Thank you for letting us know about Don. Glad to see that things are looking better. Take care to both of you.

• sheila
    13 years ago

Missy, please do tell Don I'm sending him every good thought I have for a speedy and most excellent recovery. Don is a special man... you're pretty special too:-)

Thank you for posting to let us know about one of the Garden Party's most valued guests. He'll be home soon and causing trouble in no time, I don't doubt.

Sheila

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

Missy, thanks for the message,I'm thinking good thoughts for both of you.

• Missy_GardenWhimsy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dear friends, thank you so very much for your lovely notes! Don was much better yesterday but they still had some things to handle before he can come home. Hopefully he will be able to come home today. The hospital is an hour away but it is a wonderful hospital and I am glad that he is there.

I will let you know what is happening as soon as possible. Thank you for your love and prayers.
    Love and hugs, Missy

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

Missy, I am so sorry to hear that Don is having health problems.
    I am sending both of you a field of Sunflowers and prayers that he will soon be home with you.
    (((((((((( Don & Missy)))))))))))))

• petaloid
    13 years ago

My best wishes go out to Don, and to you too, Missy.

Thank you for keeping us posted on his progress, and I hope he is back home by now.

• coconut_nj
    13 years ago

Thanks Missy for letting us know. You're just as good as Don always says you are. Smiles. Hope he's home and you're both getting some rest. Get well soon Don.

• don_socal
    13 years ago

Thank you my friends for the thoughts and support. Seems I need to take more notice of my health. Bad knees have slowed me down and I have become more sedentary. I had been working on losing weight the last few months and been successful but then bloated up with fluid retention to my previous weight. This resulted in fluid in the lungs and high irregular heart beat making it difficult to get a full breath. Tuesday morning we decided I needed to see a doctor and went to the VA hospital.

They checked me into the ER where I stayed till Wednesday night. The hospital was very busy and it took that long to get bed in ICU. Thursday they did procedure with a camera down my throat to see if there were clots. Friday they did another procedure to shock my heart to normal beat from flutter and too fast. That was not completely successful so they started stronger meds for controlling hear rate.

The monitor showed heart rate, sign wave readout and BP at normal Sat. morning and they decided I could come home. I now have ten bottles of meds and pack of syringes to keep me busy while the numerous needle wounds heal.

Life has it's ups and downs but if e ares till around that is the most important thing. Next I will have my knees fixed so I can get more aerobic activity going and review and improve my diet.

Again thanks to my friends here for kind thoughts and inclusion as part of the GP family.

• jazmynsmom
    13 years ago

I apologize that my technology issues have kept me away from the GP and that my warm wishes for a swift and complete recovery weren't sent with the first batch. Regardless, I am relieved to hear you walked away from the hospital and hope you get well ASAP.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions