Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 -26 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 2:55

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.
Epicurus

Poetry is finer and more philosophical than history; for poetry expresses the universal, and history only the particular.
Aristotle

History is only the register of crimes and misfortunes.
Voltaire

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 -26 -13

Although not meant in this mundane way, quote one and two are very appropriate for the slippery conditions here.

Quotes three and four could have severely shortened a paper I had to write a long time ago.

Thanks

o

I like the quotes and I like your responses, Anneliese

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 15:53

That's one reason the quotes are so appealing; often they are relevant to or can be applied to one's personal circumstances. Sometimes it's comforting, other times distressing to know that whatever happens to you has probably already happened to somebody else!

o

I like all the quotes, gives me food for thought.
anneliese, you may think of your actions as mundane, but I think they fit the quotes perfectly.
Thanks for the quotes, Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here