o
Quote for January 26

Posted by calliope 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 26, 11 at 5:19

Dare to be naive. Buckminster Fuller

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for January 26

I agree with Mr. Fuller. Steve in Snowy Baltimore County.

o

One of my favorite people.

o

Like the quote, but the older I get, the harder it is.

o

I know that I don't everything, but I also know that I'm not naive. My motto is that if I don't know it today, I might know it tomorrow.

o

When I first saw that quote, I also was thinking "WHAT???? But since Bucky Fuller is one of the men whose life I admire, it only took seconds to catch his drift. More than anything he was an innovator who was light years ahead of his time. You may know him as the designer of the geodesic dome. He summed up that quote by supposedly ' divesting himself of false ideas and "unlearn" everything he could not verify through his own experience'. IOW becoming naive to jump outside the box for inspiration instead of building on what others had designed before him.

Some of our most astounding discoveries have been achieved by becoming naive to the already assumed theories and starting off on a path somebody else might consider fruitless.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here