Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RIP Jack LaLanne

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 9:37

Well, the father of the modern fitness movement has gone to that great gym in the sky. More people coulda/shoulda listened to him. He made 96, and active and healthy all along the way.

"The only way you can hurt the body is not use it," LaLanne said. "Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."

Will hit the gym this afternoon with joy, joy that I can still do the things I did when I was younger.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RIP Jack LaLanne

Yep another good one gone. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Michael,thanks for posting this. Jack has been around forever and is the first person to really push the exercising,as far as I know. I can still see my mother in front of our old black and white Kay tv doing her work outs right along with him back in the early 50s.

Here is a link that might be useful: rest in peace

o

What an amazing man he was - always larger than life. I think he may well have made a difference in a lot of lives with his years and years and years of exhorting us to live in a more healthy way.

o

He was such a good example for healthy living and exercise. Mwoods, I watched him on our little old black and white TV too, when I was a kid -- didn't he bring his German shepherd dog to the show?

o

Two white GSD's. His wife would be on there also at times.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 26, 11 at 14:07

I can remember my Mother, lying on her living room rug, doing exercises with him. He really was ahead of the times in healthful living.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here