Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

RIP Jack LaLanne

endorphinjunkie
13 years ago

Well, the father of the modern fitness movement has gone to that great gym in the sky. More people coulda/shoulda listened to him. He made 96, and active and healthy all along the way.

"The only way you can hurt the body is not use it," LaLanne said. "Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."

Will hit the gym this afternoon with joy, joy that I can still do the things I did when I was younger.

Comments (6)

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Yep another good one gone. Steve in Baltimore County.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

Michael,thanks for posting this. Jack has been around forever and is the first person to really push the exercising,as far as I know. I can still see my mother in front of our old black and white Kay tv doing her work outs right along with him back in the early 50s.

Here is a link that might be useful: rest in peace

• sheila
    13 years ago

What an amazing man he was - always larger than life. I think he may well have made a difference in a lot of lives with his years and years and years of exhorting us to live in a more healthy way.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

He was such a good example for healthy living and exercise. Mwoods, I watched him on our little old black and white TV too, when I was a kid -- didn't he bring his German shepherd dog to the show?

• User
    13 years ago

Two white GSD's. His wife would be on there also at times.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

I can remember my Mother, lying on her living room rug, doing exercises with him. He really was ahead of the times in healthful living.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions