Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Girlie thread? I found a great handcream!

rob333 (zone 7b)
13 years ago

I'm so tired of chapped hands. I'ver never needed any lotion whatsoever, but I have found the best stuff ever. A friend gave it to me and my utterly chapped hands are now back to where they should be. Even make them look younger. Burt's beeswax and almond milk, and I got a new batch at Target. I think I'm ready for winter to wind down, but there are 10 more weeks of it before it does the warm up thing here. At least I can make it now that I found this stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burt's

Comments (15)

• User
    13 years ago

More than a girlie thing as it is also in many garden supply shops. I like it too.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I suspected as much, hence the question mark on the girlie part ;)

I just love how my very allergic self can use it and that isn't greasy, but very very very effective. So what else do you use Don? I imagine your hands are affected in your line of work.

• lilod
    13 years ago

I like all the Burt's Bees stuff - exactly because it's not Girlie - just good all around value - no fluff there.

• User
    13 years ago

I used a few different oils and lotions for body work but in very minimal amounts. We have Burt's and Bag Balm around that gets used some also.

• tibs
    13 years ago

Zim's Crack Cream is my choice. The spray one. I use it on hands and on my lower legs which use to look like fish scales because of my love of really really hot showers.

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

Three winters ago I consulted a pharmacist about my badly chapped hands and he suggested Aquaphor. It's sort of like Vaseline. It is great.I alwayswear gloves in cold weather but can still have dry chapped hands.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

To me,greasy hands are worse than chapped hands and I've tried everything. I love some of the Burt's Bees products,like their orange face wash,but the almond milk/beeswax combination just won't soak in.A few months ago I tried St. Ives renewing body moisturizer and it works like a charm on my hands and even my face and it completely is absorbed.

• liza070831
    13 years ago

I got a sample of Utter Cream at the MN State Fair and found it again at the pharmacy counter at my local supermarket. I got a 12 oz jar for $4.00. It makes a great hand and body cream.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love St Ives body wash. That is some awesome stuff, but I'm "worried" everyone will figure out that less than expensive stuff is the best you can buy. I use the Collagen Elastin, and it's fantastic.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

That's what I use except the Collagen Elastin Renewing body moisturizer. I love the smell. I can't take some of the sweet fragrances like I used to be able to do but this one is nice and fresh and works so beautifully.

• User
    13 years ago

I used a few different oils and lotions for body work but in very minimal amounts. We have Burt's and Bag Balm around that gets used some also.

• User
    13 years ago

My computer has a garden party gremlin.

• posieh
    13 years ago

Burt's Bees did nothing for me.....and I have a horrile time with dried, cracked hands and wear plastic gloves much of the time. Finally stopped using
    the Anti-bac hand wipes which seem to be pure alchol. I have purchased every type of hand cream available and have returned to Mary Kay's original thick, pink, night cream. It is very healing and even clears up babies diaper rash! Reading the labels on hand creams, many of them list their first ingredient as mineral oil, and they tell me that mineral oil is the one oil your skin will not obsorb. Any way, Mary Kay's night cream works for me.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey posieh? Did you know they've begun making non-alcohol antibacterial products? I'm not sure if it's because of the drying problem or if it's because kids in school figured out they could... drink it. UGH! Whatever the catalyst, they even make it with moisturizing properties now.

Here is a link that might be useful: moisturizing hand-sanitzer

• posieh
    13 years ago

Hey, thanks! Didn't know about the non-alchol one. Wonder what the garm killer is? Will need to check it out.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions