Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1-3

Posted by krista_marie 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 10:13

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. ~John Barrymore

Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1-3

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 10:28

Good quotes, Krista.

I am getting the "wrinkled skin", but my enthusiasm is undiminished, so I think my "soul" is O.K.

As one ages, it's hard not to have a few regrets, but there are still dreams hanging around, too.

Finally, I am finding that the older one becomes, "playing" is not as easy as it used to be, unfortunately. :>(

Thanks for "jumping in" for Don.

o

Love your quotes. Attitude colors everything in your life and as long as I still can find a couple of things to play with, like Leone, blowing soap bubbles in the winter and make snow angels, slide on my rear down the hill and play with the cat, the wrinkles don't count.

o

Thanks for the quotes krista_marie. The quotes are so "right on".

o

I'll be glad to take the quote for tomorrow, 1/4/2013, if that's OK.

o

you have claimed it, so it is yours west gardener:)

o

Sorry if I offended, krista_marie. what was I thinking?

o

not offended at all

o

Thanks Krista and WG for doing a great job on the quotes. Any time some one wants to take a day is great. Makes for a bit of diversity. Just say so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here