Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, no prime rib for us.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 10:34

State Patrol has asked everyone to stay off the roads because of icy conditions. Snowing now. Darn it, that get together would have been fun. Quite a few of the family went to the farm yesterday and we should have too, but I don't know where they would have bunked everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, no prime rib for us.

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 10:59

George, too bad you and Leone have to stay home, but surely 'better safe than sorry'. Your family will miss having the two of you with them, but they, too, know staying off icy roads is a smart choice.

DH and I will be having something other for dinner than what I'd hoped, too. At $37 50 a pound, the lump, backfin crabmeat was just too pricey for me! (That's my frugal, Scottish genes kicking in.) :) For us, it'll be chicken and potato salad, plus some of DD's chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

o

Just chicken chowder and apple crisp here. DH is not feeling well and has no appetite so we kept it simple.

I am sorry that you missed the party. I wanted to hear about all the fun that you had with the grands.

This post was edited by sweet_betsy on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 9:08

o

It seems all winter-plans have to be made with the statement "Weather permitting".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here