Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

What in the world do you do with them?

gandle
10 years ago

Yesterday in the grocery store we spotted a 32 oz. can of boiled peanuts. Why would you want a can of boiled peanuts? George wanted to buy a can but I talked him out of it.

Comments (3)

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Can't help you there Leone, I have never even heard of boiled peanuts, only roasted

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Boiled peanuts are common in the South, especially in peanut country. They are green peanuts, bevore they get brown and dry and then are boiled in saltwater instead of roasted. You eat them as snacks, they are softer than regular salted peanuts.

• Janis_G
    10 years ago

What are boiled peanuts?

Boiled peanuts are simply RAW (unroasted) peanuts boiled in salty water for a long time. They are a common snack in the states of South Carolina, Georgia, northern Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and to a lesser extent, North Carolina and Virginia. Boiled peanuts (and similarly boiled soybeans) also exist in other cultures around the globe, throughout Asia, especially, and Western Africa. Boiled peanuts are boiled in the shell and are consumed, still wet, by cracking open the softened shell and slurping down the contents along with the brine.

I have not tried them but I'm game if George is!!!!

Sponsored
More Discussions