Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What in the world do you do with them?

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 11:42

Yesterday in the grocery store we spotted a 32 oz. can of boiled peanuts. Why would you want a can of boiled peanuts? George wanted to buy a can but I talked him out of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What in the world do you do with them?

Can't help you there Leone, I have never even heard of boiled peanuts, only roasted

o

Boiled peanuts are common in the South, especially in peanut country. They are green peanuts, bevore they get brown and dry and then are boiled in saltwater instead of roasted. You eat them as snacks, they are softer than regular salted peanuts.

o

What are boiled peanuts?

Boiled peanuts are simply RAW (unroasted) peanuts boiled in salty water for a long time. They are a common snack in the states of South Carolina, Georgia, northern Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and to a lesser extent, North Carolina and Virginia. Boiled peanuts (and similarly boiled soybeans) also exist in other cultures around the globe, throughout Asia, especially, and Western Africa. Boiled peanuts are boiled in the shell and are consumed, still wet, by cracking open the softened shell and slurping down the contents along with the brine.

I have not tried them but I'm game if George is!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here