Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dressed-up pets

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 15:16

OK, I can see the necessity of a coat for a shorthaired dog in cold or wet weather,a bow to hold hair out of the eyes or off the ground of long-haired dogs and booties for dogs on salted sidewalks and city streets, but sometimes it is hard to keep my mouth shut.
Picture this: Black boxer, purple bodice and purple and green tutu. I felt embarrassed for the poor dog. Seen one hour ago at the vet, where lady bought license and no, there is not a dress-up your dog show or anything in town. Vet staff said the dog has more clothes than her owner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dressed-up pets

If I had a pet, I'd knit it a 49er sweather and hat, I'll be wearing my XXIX 49er Super Bowl cap and shirt. All in the family. LOL.

o

I used to put my lifesize Raggedy Ann dolls' dresses (my great grandmother made for me) on the cat. Does that count? Seems like Little Punk(in) didn't like it too much. Go figure!

o

Taschi, my min-pin wore sweaters when she got older, because she was small and got cold easy, she also had a "rain-coat" for outdoors. she didn't much like wearing and taking off and putting on these things, but liked the comfort of the warmth.
Putting a boxer into a tutu seems a bit ridiculous

o

Robb, it's a given that kids, especially little girls, dress their pets if those allow it.
The contrast of boxer and ballerina outfit got me.

o

Pretty girl.

Here is a link that might be useful: LOL

o

I think she's plotting revenge

o

Yea, I was fully kidding. He was a good sport. Just don't get dressing pets up beyond warmth and protection. I think it would not be fun for the pet? I wouldn't think it would be fun to them.

Smart dog to plot revenge.

o

Oh I don't know about dogs not liking clothes.
There is a little Silky in our family by the name of Snickers
that will go to the laundry basket and choose his T shirt of the day bring it back to the nearest human for help putting it on.
This is his choice, not training.
It all started when someone bought him a GA Bulldog shirt.
Snickers liked wearing the shirt around so much my niece bought other shirts in order to laundry the dirty shirt.

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 8:45

Then there are those brother vrs sisters battles that involve jock straps and bras on a Dalmations head....not that i know anyone who would do such a thing.

o

Strange picture in my head, need more coffee!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here