Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Pardon me while I gripe a little

agnespuffin
11 years ago

I am sure that most of you have had those times when you just can't belive that it's happening to you.

Well, I just had one of those! Then I got to thinking that if someone had warned me years ago, it would never have happened. Sooooo, I am warning you, just in case!

Cemetery Lots! Do you have an old family plot that you think you might have to use one day? Better check on it. It might not be what you think.

The aunt that raised me, left me her cemetery lot in her will, with what I thought was three unused spaces. I was cleaning out old files and realized that I had managed to lose any paperwork about the site. So we went to the cemetery office to get something on paper. HA!

She died in 1982 at the age of 92. When they finally found the file, it looked as if it contained every owner since time began......except me. She was the last owner and he needed her signature for the transfer.

The problem, I think, was that the cemetery had been sold several times....the last, just five years ago, and old records were in terrible shape.

He finally found a paper that said I had bought "something" in 1982. What? he couldn't tell. However, for a small fee, I could get it all straightened out IF I were the only heir.

I sure am glad that we didn't wait until we needed a spot to rest our weary heads. After looking around, we decided that cremation and a spot on our church grounds was more appealing.

And there were only TWO, not three unused spaces. hmmmm?

So, if you need to check on something like this.....do it now.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions