Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My town 110 years ago

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 15:38

Our Bank is celebrating it's 110 years of business and has compiled an wonderful calendar of the County's history, the June page shows my town, the Laytonville Inn is a registered historical Landmark and still in business, hasn't changed a whole lot, the dirt-road is now Highway 101 and instead of horses, cars are parked in front

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My town 110 years ago

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 16:21

Lilo, that calendar will be one to save, that's for sure. Isn't it amazing to think how the world has changed in terms of technology, but we're still the same old people in terms of human frailties that we were then? Maybe even worse. Wonder what the world will be like in the next 110 years?

o

110 years ago this small city I live in was nothing but farms along a major north/south road. It's 5 times larger now than what it was when we moved in the area in 1972.

I don't think people have changed much since they came down from the trees. They know more but their basic reactions are still the same.

o

Sounds like it could be another Preston ID-- :) we celebrated our Centenal about 15 yrs ago too.. fun stuff aint it?

o

That is so cool. I'm so glad to see that some of the history was saved in your city.
Our city's history is part of the Portuguese fishing community, then the German community, and since this is Silicon Valley, everybody came here and tried their wings.
We have a great historical "room" at city hall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here