Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I've certainly had worse ear worms

gandle
12 years ago

Friday night the drama club at the high school put on 2 one act plays. There was a 15 minute break between plays and a pianist played both before the plays and between them.

Before he played a couple of Beatles tunes and a couple I didn't know the name of but they were pleasant.

The plays were good but what we really remember was the unlikely group with Fur Elise.

Between plays he began playing "Fur Elise", I have always loved this but after a few bars a girl came out beside the piano with a flute. I kind of groaned inwardly thought it would probably be slaughtered then after a few bars with them together a boy with an oboe began playing with them and a few bars later a girl with a guitar joined in. About as unlikely bunch for Fur Elise as you could imagine.

But we and the audience were absolutely enchanted the music was beautiful. The girl with the flute was definetly the lead with all others accompanyment.

The group of instrument sounds unlikely but it was wonderful..Mr. Beethoven would have loved it too.

Wonder who Elise was? Now I'm still hearing that music constantly.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions