Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
22 January 2012

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 22, 12 at 17:59

Benedicto: May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys tinkling with bells, past temples and castles and poets towers into a dark primeval forest where tigers belch and monkeys howl, through miasmal and mysterious swamps and down into a desert of red rock, blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and grottos of endless stone, and down again into a deep vast ancient unknown chasm where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled cliffs, where deer walk across the white sand beaches, where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the high crags, where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dreams waits for you -- beyond that next turning of the canyon walls."

Edward Abbey

Spring is early this year. We have our first tornado watch of the season.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 22 January 2012

I can dream. Thanks.

Your spring is late, we had our first close tornado last week.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 22, 12 at 19:40

Dorph, I'm so glad to read your post. I've been thinking about you and missing your "Friday Musin's". (Hope that's not too impertinent of me!) :>)

We're really just getting our first touch of winter: only 1" of snow, but it was topped with ice. No fun to drive in--so I haven't.

o

Edward Abbey really is a poet writing prose, I love this quote, Michael..Been hanging out with writers and poets on Facebook and it rubs off

o

Words paint magical pictures. Steve in Baltimore County

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here