Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The weather?

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 18:56

It is a beautiful day here in the Bay Area, 75 sunny degrees. I walked outside with just a t-shirt and jeans. I enjoyed my walk but in the back of my mind was the thought that we need rain in a bad way.
We lived here during the 1970's drought and the dreaded "D" word is popping up all over the bay area newscasts. I worry.
Weather report, anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The weather?

Well, finally its official: Drought!The town of Willits has rationed water to 150 gal. per household per day and will have about 100 days worth, their suburb of Brooktrails has 60 days worth.
My town is on a big aquifer and apparently is ok for now, but most of us have wells and are concerned
My pond should be a lake, it's a mud-puddle.
Everything is very dry and it's getting into the seventies, low humidity,so we are under a Red Flag warning for the next three days.
Quite a few people already have to truck in water, a very expensive thing.
No, blue sky and sunshine are not welcome at all.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 18:13

Lilo, I wish we could send your area some of our moisture; we've had more than enough over the last two months. Mother Nature is very capricious, isn't she?

o

We are way above average rainfall for a change.
Would gladly share with anyone that needs it.

We've been through our share of droughts here
so I understand what your concerns are.

Will do my rain dance and burn some blue feathers
for you.

o

Yes, it is official "Official Drought Declaration by Gov. Brown".
Sigh, been there done that, and it was difficult. However, I'm fortunate that I don't have to worry (much) about the fire danger in my neighborhood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here