Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871924

No Strings Attached

Pidge
13 years ago

After having seen as many of the "serious" films as we could, including The Kings Speech, 127 Hours, True Grit, Inception, Black Swan, among other, daughter Nancy and I figured that a pure fluff rom-com was in order. So we decided to see No Strings Attached if no other reason that we were sure we'd get a good look at Aston Kuthcer's butt. We were right. And it's a great butt.

The film itself has about as much substance as a cream puff. Yet it's hilariously funny, Kutcher and Portman have sex in just about any place they can actually fit, including the back of Prius (who would have thought?), and they have a great time doing it. And each has a family with lots of complications--Kutcher's dad is played by Kevin Kline who is his usual slightly off-kilter self, interesting foil to his much more grounded son.

Which is not to say that said son is grounded all the time. The twists and turns of the plot and the characters who pop in and out of it allow us to see the complexities of two things: sex on the run is great fun and in many ways good enough for many folks; sex on the run leaves love in the dust unless you decide to stop running--and spoon (see the movie to see what I mean, lol).

Portman is terrific as usual even if this film is just a side step for her in terms of her acting talents. I've never seen Kutcher before in a film and all I could think throughout the film was how BIG he is--not just tall but a man who fills the screen no matter how many other people are in the frame. Okay, he's mostly just a pretty face (and butt) but watching that is not a bad way to spend a cold afternoon.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions