Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

Notes from a while ago

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
9 years ago

I do not know if this next thing is original to me as I have had this in my file of "things" for at least 23 years. I might have gotten it from another source and they fixed it so that no one would be able to tell. I do know that I was single at the time and quite alone. I went to work and came home. I knew no one outside of work and the folks who lived downstairs. I have been unable to find the original source, so I will take the credit for this myself.

I don't know why it is, but the older I get, the less patience I have when things do not go the way I perceive they should. I am not meaning to imply that I need to have my own way all of the time, but that orderliness in my life has come to the fore.
This is not to say, either, that all should be routine and rote, for I crave the diversity that each day can bring. I yearn to be a productive member of society and appreciated for what I do by other members of my peer group.

I am impressed at what I said 20+ years ago and how I said it. I am somewhat surprised that I have kept that piece of paper through 12 moves!
On that same piece of paper, I have another thing and I know that I plagiarized this from another source. I believe Arthur Miller penned this for Death of a Salesman.

...what he wanted, which was to excel, to win out over anonymity and meaninglessness, to love and be loved, and above all, perhaps to count.

Comments (2)

More Discussions