Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mom's update

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 20:46

Hi, I know I haven't been on a lot, but things are so messed up right now. A week ago yesterday, mom fell and hit her head~ again. This time she stayed in the hospital until they could get her in the NH there, but the "state inspection" said no more people till they get a few things fixed, and who knows when they will come and inspect it again. (they claim to have the few things fixed now)

Well, the hospital staff could not handle her 24/7. She got so upset and confused. Had one of her "fits". Apparently her pill either didn't work, or she didn't take it, she was getting to where she would hide them and nobody noticed.

So now she is in a mental instatute for evaluation. See what meds will and wont work on her. I wasn't able to go with my dad and husband for that because I had the flu so bad, so I don't know what it is like. But they said it wasn't a bad place for what it is for. She wont be there long, 2 wks at the most, then we need to hope that we can get her in this NH here. Other than that, I think they have one there too, but that is an hour away and I don't know the area at all. Here she would only be 3 blocks away.

I sure do miss her tho, when I am sick like this, there is nobody else in the world like my mom, she took real good care of you... but i miss her.. :(

Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mom's update

I am sending good thoughts your way, Marjie, I hope things will get sorted out and she will be where it is best for her.
Hang in there -

o

Sunflowers and good thoughts for you and your family on the way. A specialiced facility is most likely better able to find the right medication than a general hopital.
Hope the NH in your neighbohood will be inspected soon.

o

Nursing homes can come in many types, be sure to check all aspects so the care is adequate. Being three blocks away is a good thing as you can check on her often. Good thoughts coming your way.

o

Oh, it seems you have a very stressful situation at this time, but it also seems that you are doing everything to make it better, for all of you.
I was touched by:
"I sure do miss her tho, when I am sick like this, there is nobody else in the world like my mom, she took real good care of you... but i miss her.. :(".
And now, you are taking good care of her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here