Cooking lentils
ld

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally winter

Very descriptive, lilo.

o

That was day before yesterday here, including the lentils!
I just can see it, but for pond filling we had to put wind roaring. I just can't say it as well as you.

o

Lilo..........you convey it so well in such a brief passage. It is five degrees here this morning, and I have a little fire going in the grate in the kitchen. Sipping hot coffee from beautiful Polish mug my children gave me and watching the parade of birds at the feeders by the kitchen windows. A hawk just dropped by to see what was on the menu. I'll soon be going up to work a little on the quilt I have set up on a frame. It's a comforting routine we adopt in winter and both my hubby and I contemplate one of the rewards of age..........retirement. Aside from feeding the flock of chickens, there is no need for either of us to venture out into the cold and snow. I think of the wildlings, winter isn't about being warm and comfortable. It's about just surviving until the world warms up and food is abundant again.

o

Oh, what a nice picture you paint with words, lilo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here