Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janis_g

Do you believe in

Janis_G
12 years ago

ghosts?

If so, have you had any personal experiences.

Comments (10)

• calliope
    12 years ago

Yes and yes. And since I live in a 200 year old house, I'm sure they're all around me here, but seem to be pleasant and benign. I don't actively dwell on it, lest they become more communicative because the last time I lived in an old house where things went bump in the night, it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience. I suppose their personalities are just as diverse as they were when they had a corporal anchor and I also suppose if they're still floating around on this plane, that there is some sort of issue they must be dealing with or else they'd have moved on.

• don_socal
    12 years ago

They are all around us when they want to be, like being in a crowded room elbow to elbow. But having shed the corporeal self the limits of where to go in the universe are non existent. Wish to get the inner voice quiet enough to hear the adventures and stories that could be shared.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

Yes and yes. But only at the house in Shelbyville. So what about Jan? You didn't say what you thought or experienced ;)

Suzy, Do tell about the "last time I lived in an old house where things went bump in the night, it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience.", please, please, please? Pretty please? :)

Don, Do you really think all around us? That's a theory I haven't heard. Why do you think that?

• don_socal
    12 years ago

Well Rob, if you think about how many have come and gone before us and figure they take up space in some way in the ether it must be very crowded. But the transition frees the spirit to explore the universe so there is more area to occupy in the new form. When we have a need these spirits can fill they do gather round and attempt to help, at least I believe they do. I have had, more than once, the feeling of being in that crowded room at some points of unusualness in my life. Could be my mind creating the experience but still very vivid.

• gandle
    12 years ago

must be too insensitive to have encountered any incorporeal spirits but there may be one living in our garden shed busy shuuling all the tools around.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

I have had, more than once, the feeling of being in that crowded room at some points of unusualness in my life. Could be my mind creating the experience but still very vivid.

Wow. Can you explain one or two? I want to keep an "eye" open so that I notice better. Very very interesting.

• don_socal
    12 years ago

Not quite keeping an "eye' open as much as quieting the inner voice through meditation or great need/pain/surprise as in seeing my whole life flash before me. The slow motion of the surroundings seeing everything in minute detail. The mind is capable of so much if it can get out of its' own way.

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

Just the ones that one carries around inside of one.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Depending on your definition, maybe.

• Janis_G
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Since moving here I have been forced to rethink the whole
    ghost thing.
    At first I noticed that my thermostat would be changed
    to cold. I kept trying to rationalize how that could happen while we were asleep.
    Every morning we would wake up freezing and when I checked
    the thermostat it would be all the way down.
    I always set it on 69 at night during the winter.
    I teased Katrina about Spook messing with the thermostat.
    One night I said " Spook
    please don't change the thermostat any more."
    It hasn't happened again.

Spook does have a thing for my clothes and shoes.
    She recently took my black jeans and 2 cream colored long
    sleeve tees. I took great care to look at every piece of
    clothing in the closet on several occasions during the 2
    weeks the clothing was missing. A couple of nights ago I
    walked in the closet and announced to Spook. "Please put my
    jeans and shirts back and take something else for awhile."
    The next morning when I walked in the closet they were
    hanging exactly in the places where I had originly put
    them. I haven't missed anything since Spook brought them
    back, but it is just a matter of time.

Sometimes I miss pieces of jewelry but when I ask for them back, they appear again.
    I know this sounds like I'm crazy and believe me I have thought the same thing. I
    have taken great care to organize my closet so that I hang
    clothes a certain way in certain order.

These are only a small part of the things going on but all
    the things have been just things going missing and then re-appearing. Once in awhile there are things that annoy me
    and I will say "okay Spook, enough is enough."

I'll save Sassi's reaction for another time.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions