janis_b

New Phone

janis_b
9 years ago

Yes it is true! I have a new PHONE.
So let this be a warning to you so you will be aware of the soon to
be texts you will most likely receive.
Please keep in mind that I am new to this and will most certainly be making
many mistakes and of course misspelled words.
Also don't be alarmed if you should hear of fire trucks and police cars on Valley Drive.
I will either have BUTT dialed by mistake or the wee person that lives in the phone
has decided to get back at me for screaming at her for putting words in my mouth.

That said, I am in the process of teaching this new gadget to order takeout from my
favorite restaurant and calling in my prescriptions to the pharmacy. I am also putting
it in charge of finding things that have been lost over the years, making and cancelling
appointments. I am so sure it can make sandwiches and cook my favorite meals that I
am going to give it my grocery list and send it to Kroger tomorrow.

Lord luv a duck! If I had known these new phones could do all this I would have bought one a long time ago. I wonder if it can wash my car and change the oil.

Comments (6)

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

Janis, you make me rethink phone use. I still got my old one, I just take it along so my husband can reach me if I have to go out. PLease let me know if your plan to send it to Kroger works, I hate grocery shopping.
    Have fun finding out what else it can do.

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Janis, I just bought a new phone yesterday - a Boost Mobile moto g from Motorola (with a resident "android"). My previous phone was a freebie second hand LG model and worked pretty well for what it was, but the ring tone was so weak that I didn't hear it most of the time - so what was the point? This phone has great reviews and we got Best Buy to match the Amazon price, saving about $14.

Last night I put my contacts in by way of my Google account on my iPad Air which saved my sanity 'cause I have trouble with those little bitty key pads on phones these days. And....now I can hear this phone much better! However, I won't be sending a lot of text messages just yet. I have data turned off until I want it/need it but I have free navi which I could have used yesterday when I got lost out in the county trying to get to a funeral at a small country church. Thankfully, I called my DS#1 who was able to search directions and get me back on track. He also helped me research and get the new phone, then spent some time putting me through its paces.

What would we do w/o the younger generation to help us with these modern gadgets? LOL!

Teresa

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

Welcome to the world of butt dialing! The longer I have my "smart" phone, the more I use it for. Now, it's my note keeper. There is a program you can use that is on your computer, your tablet, and your phone all at one time, and when you write something down it in, or take a picture in it, or put a document into it, it ends up on all three at the same time. No more sticky notes to lose or forget. Woohoo! I was marveling the other day when I went to the grocery store, and all of my coupons were encoded on my grocery card and my grocery list was inside my phone. Two things I already carry around. It's an amazing world isn't it?

• janis_b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Teresa they gave me an LG Tablet when I bought the phone.
    It's still in the box. If it weren't for the younger generation I
    would be lost. My son and daughter have been after me forever to change.
    It sure is good to see you here, I hope you stick around.

Robin being the younger generation you will always be up on the latest gadgets. I have to say it is fun learning all the things this
    new phone will do.

• mawheel
    9 years ago

Janis, good for you for gettng-- and learning --how to use your new phone. I can call and text with mine, but that's about it. My daughter has a new Samsung and every time she uses it, she says " I LOVE this phone!" I love the pictures she sends to me of my great-grandchildren on it.

Yes, I'm thankful for all the new technology and the 'younger generation' which teaches me how to use it. :-)

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

Lol. at the "butt dialing" comments.No butt dialing here, I keep the phone in my purse most of the time, but even so, it turns itself on.