Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

How to be an interesting grandparent

agnespuffin
11 years ago

For those if you that are not familiar with The World Of War Craft, it's an Internet game that has millions of players. Great fun! Especially, it seems, for the younger group. Fan Cubs, meetings, everything!

Well, I won't bore you with how we (us old, old folks) got started with it, but it has no end and we spend our time with it instead of the TV.

So, The first clue that we were on to something was when one of the grandsons came home from college said that his friends thought he must be something special....it seems that once they were talking about WoW (that's it's nick name) and he said..."My grandparents play that." The others were dumbfounded. His GRANDPARENTS played. What a Family!!!

Then, Christmas Day, #3 Son came over and brought his gang, which included a boyfried of one of the girls. You know how happy a BF is to get to meet grandparents. Yeah, Right! He saw that both computers had the WoW on and the smile broke out, the eyes lit up and BF and grandparents got off to a great start talking about it.

Last week, another g'son had surgery and was mending at home, we went to see him, he introduced me to one of his buddies as "the oldest woman in the whole world that plays WoW." Again, the eyes lit up and the big grin spread over the face. I made a hit!

So, if you want to establish a relationship with a teenager, get The World of Warcraft and learn to play it. You will hate yourself, but it will give you a chance that other grandparents don't have. (Providing you can do it without asking the teen for help!!!!)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone
More Discussions