Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 -10 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 13 at 23:22

And one who is just of his own free will shall not lack for happiness; and he will never come to utter ruin.
Aeschylus

I would rather be ignorant than knowledgeable of evils.
Aeschylus

The anvil of justice is planted firm, and fate who makes the sword does the forging in advance.
Aeschylus

There are times when fear is good. It must keep its watchful place at the heart's controls.
Aeschylus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 -10 -13

I like the way you find quotes from the ancients. How long have these insights been available? And for how long have they been ignored?
Thank you for the reminders.

o

There truly is nothing new under the sun and our good friend Albert was right, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
Albert Einstein

o

I know we should give you time off from quotes, but Don, you are so good at finding the right ones.

o

Yes Don, you do the quotes very well. I've learned a lot from you.

About this one:
"And one who is just of his own free will shall not lack for happiness; and he will never come to utter ruin."
Aeschylus

Back in college, we had some intense discussions about "free will" in our philosophy classes. some believed in free will and others believed in destiny.
I bet that conversation is still going on today.
And now it's on the net, thanks to you.

o

We create our own destiny through free will.

o

Don those are fighting words, and I luv it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here