Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 2 - 25 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 1:07

The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.
Josephine Baker

Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.
Sai Baba

What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.
Sai Baba

In the presence of a sage who is established in universal love, a spiritually dead person comes alive,and a spiritually blind person starts seeing.

~Baba Hari Dass

Guru is one who is higher in knowledge and capable of transmitting that knowledge by words, action, or just being. But the real guru is the pure consciousness that dwells in the heart of everyone.

~Baba Hari Dass

The archer, whose concentration gets fixed on the target, hits the target. One who only looks at the bow and arrow fails. Similarly, one who get fixed on the teachings of the guru achieves the aim, but not the one who simply follows the physical guru. The path to Enlightenment is not a Highway.

~Baba Hari Dass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 2 - 25 - 12

A grand finale to a good week, Don. You always put the right ones together, the very last Baba Hari Dass quote resonates with me.

o

Thanks Lilo. He started the yoga ashram where I took my body work training and gave me my Indian name, Rajesh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baba Hari Dass

o

Most interesting, Don, he was a great teacher to you

o

I remember the "yoga ashram" term. We came to the SF bay area in the early 60ties. We drove down Height/Ashbury (sp) in SF, and there were people holding up signs, saying something about join our "ashram".

o

The Hellerwork organization rented rooms and a large meeting room at the ashram to conduct the 3 1/2 month long training program that was the last part of the year long deep tissue body work program. We had precious little free time to explore the 5600 acre site on top of the mountain and were invited to sit in on the community gatherings each week. He would have general conversations with the large community and include any group staying there, that is when he gave us each our Indian name if requested.

We also took part in some of the yoga classes taught by Baba Hari Dass and took the community up on a basketball challenge. Babaji played too and he sure could jump for a little guy.This was in 1986 and the community has grown and added new structures and programs since then. It is well known for retreats and classes in yoga and Ayruvedic medicine. It is serene and very centering to sit on the mountain overlooking the Monterey bay as the clouds roll in below you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here