Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 2 - 6 -14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 1:10

Every book is a quotation; and every house is a quotation out of all forests, and mines, and stone quarries; and every man is a quotation from all his ancestors.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our ancestors are totally essential to our every waking moment, although most of us don't even have the faintest idea about their lives, their trials, their hardships or challenges.
Annie Lennox

English is an outrageous tangle of those derivations and other multifarious linguistic influences, from Yiddish to Shoshone, which has grown up around a gnarly core of chewy, clangorous yawps derived from ancestors who painted themselves blue to frighten their enemies.
Roy Blount, Jr.

To us, the ashes of our ancestors are sacred and their resting place is hallowed ground.
Chief Seattle

My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for forty years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
Elayne Boosler

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 2 - 6 -14

Brilliant quotes this morning, thank you, Don

o

We are just the latest little link of a long chain. Really appreciate you quotes but had to laugh when I read the Blount quote.

o

I like the quotes for today and I agree that we are part of a long link.
When I was a kid, my grandfather used to tell me to stay on the straight and narrow so I would not sully the family name, from the Vikings to the present. He was serious about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here