Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 2 -7 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 1:41

Sorry I missed a day, Meds were not working properly and have been getting dizzy spells plus not sleeping well resulting in low energy. Kinda creeps up on ya when you're not looking. Fixed the problems today although my NP was threatening to keep me at the hospital if the new meds did not work in an hour. so I sat and serenaded her whole office with my recorder while waiting for them to do their job. Now back to our regularly scheduled delving into my strange thought process and what I hope will get your motors revving. Think a thought or two while you read and listen.

MOODY BLUES
"Days Of Future Passed" (1967)
"Late Lament"

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white.
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin / Late Lament

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 2 -7 -13

Oops guess I didn't miss a day after all, glad I am better now. carry on.

o

We missed you anyway

o

Morning Don, had a brainfart, did you? Happens.
Missed commenting on you yesterday's quote, not because I didn't like it, but because Firefox burped.
Today's explains all that, doesn't it?

o

Sorry about your recent troubles, glad you are feeling better and posting away.
My thoughts are with you and I hope all goes well.
Below is a video. I hope it hits the spot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Be Happy

o

Glad that you feel better. I frequently get my days mixed up, comes with being retired and that it makes not much difference what day it is.
Was absent for a couple of days too. Visited in NH, was supposed to leave on Saturday, but looking at the weather, I caught a flight home today.
Oh, I love the Moody Blues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here