Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coconut_nj

Valentine's Day February 14th

coconut_nj
13 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm in love with vintage Valentine's cards/postcards, so this week I hope you will enjoy viewing some with me.

{{gwi:141191}}{{gwi:141192}}

The two Valentine's above both sport the same poem. I've found it on quite a few Valentines but have never found the author.

"O! I know something I won't tell

Someone loves you awfully well,

If you will be my Valentine,

All my secrets shall be thine.

I'll share my pennies all with you,

Give you half my ice cream too,

Give all the world if it were mine,

If you would be my Valentine."

Author Unknown

{{gwi:141193}}

"To My Valentine

Let's build a little house of love,

And live in it together,

And we will find true happiness

In every sort of weather"

Author Unknown

A few quotes as well.

And think not you can Direct the course of love, For love, If it finds you worthy, Directs your course.

Kahlil Gibran

The Prophet.

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.

Rose Franken

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love, though I'd stepped in it a few times.

Rita Rudner

Enjoy your Valentine's Day my Party friends. Especially Marda, who without her tutelage all those many years ago, I and many would have never learned html. [and the rest of the thread would be all in red. lol.. remember those days?]

Comments (7)

• ejmoore510
    13 years ago

Thank you for a wonderful start to my day and Happy Valentine's Day to you. :)

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Cute cards and poems. Happy Valentine's Day to you and everybody.

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Happy Valentines Day to everyone on the GARDEN PARTY. Steve in Baltimore County.

• lilod
    13 years ago

Happy Valentine's day, everyone -

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Loved the old Valentines Thanks

• mawheel
    13 years ago

What sweet Valentines! Thank you, Coco.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone who posts, lurks, or just reads on the GP!

• tibs
    13 years ago

Remember making valentine boxes out of shoe boxes? And kleenix flowers to paste on? The boxes of cards to hand out to your fellow classmates? They still have those, but they are all themed to some movie, show or game. Ours were generic. There would be one for the teacher, most silly and always one very pretty or "mushy" one. I remember in second grade the cutest boy in the class gave me his prettiest card. It had pansies on it (even then I was focused on flowers), don't remember what it said.