Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote, 02/11/11

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 11, 11 at 5:15

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming.
Wernher von Braun

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, 02/11/11

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 11, 11 at 9:39

So true!

o

I heard the definition of an expert is to break down the word, an ex is a has been and a spert s a drip under pressure. If you are not learning you are not proficient, none know all.

As for paper work, that is something that even computers cannot end. Nothing is done till the paper work is finished.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 11, 11 at 15:11

I remember hearing that computers were supposed to solve all those endless paper files--and perhaps they have--but I still want a piece of paper in my hands "to have and to hold". :>)

o

I have more paper now than way back when in the good old times when I had to write down everything or type.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here