Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunflowers for Michael

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 6:01

Michael, I hope that you heal fast. So sorry to hear about your surgery. Take it easy and don't push yourself. Training don't do it here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunflowers for Michael

Hang tuff Michael Steve in Baltimore County.

o

sunflowers coming from Nashville!

o

Sunflowers and healing vibes and big Mojo coming your way.

o

Hope you're well again soon, Michael.
No fun, for sure.
Prayers for you, KJ

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 9:16

Healing vibes and sunflowers sent your way

o

Get well quickly, we need you.

o

Good thoughts and vibes coming your way.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 14:58

Shoot! I never scroll down far enough before I post! More good wishes and sunflowers coming your way, Michael! We can never have enough of those. (I'll spare you more hugs.) :>)

o

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

o

Michael, I'm sending you lots of sunflowers and
prayers for a quick recovery and a total cure.

Take care.

o

Best of luck for a speedy recovery, Michael. I'm on home nurse duty helping Steve recover from his rotator cuff surgery yesterday. Hopefully whoever is helping you recover is better at it than I am!

o

Michael, I am sorry to say that I did not know that you were ill and required surgery. I join everyone else here in saying that I hope you have a speedy recovery. Hang in, good man.

o

Feel better soon, Michael!!!

o

Thanks everyone. Today is the first day since the surgery that I feel at least half human. Stopped the hydrocodone yesterday so I'm quite clear headed this morning. Will test out the body with an easy 30 minute run on the treadmill in a bit. A week off from exercising is the pits. Damned hard to produce endorphins whilst sitting on one's butt.....

o

Glad you're feeling better.

Don't be surprised if that "easy" workout doesn't quite make it... it takes a very gradual build-up to get back on track, even if you've only been off for a couple weeks. One doc told me that for a *minor* injury, figure a 3-to-1 recovery: 3 weeks to get back to normal for each week of injury AFTER the injury is completely healed. That's for sprains and broken bones, I don't know how that would compute for a surgery, but I suspect similar since the point is that it takes time to re-condition the muscles after a period of inactivity.

o

Glad your feeling human again :)

o

I'm glad you're doing better and so glad your quest for 'the dorph' is still active. Smiles. Be good to yourself, you'll get there.

o

Now that I'm feeling better (cheeky monkey and all that) I am quite disappointed that no one mentioned chicken bones, blue paint and/or feathers.

Found a list on how to produce endorphins. I must be a true junkie, cause I do all seven of the things on that list, without aknowin' before hand about them.

How to produce endorphins
and a bit about their effects.....

o

endorphinjunkie,glad you're feeling better, but what's up with the cheeky monkey, chicken bones, blue paint and/or feathers?

o

Welcome back cheeky monkey!

o

Old posts, some from Dicken the originator of blue paint, feathers and Madeira on GP.

garden party theme song

wisdom at no cost

The Garden Party Jun 26, 01 and earlier

o

Michael, I am so glad that your are feeling better but don't push yourself. Know from my own experience that it does not pay.

o

Thanks for the links don_social. GP looked to be a lot more active back then, and it was fun reading some of the posts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here