Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Sunflowers for Michael

anneliese_32
13 years ago

Michael, I hope that you heal fast. So sorry to hear about your surgery. Take it easy and don't push yourself. Training don't do it here.

Comments (23)

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Hang tuff Michael Steve in Baltimore County.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

sunflowers coming from Nashville!

• lilod
    13 years ago

Sunflowers and healing vibes and big Mojo coming your way.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Hope you're well again soon, Michael.
    No fun, for sure.
    Prayers for you, KJ

• pamven
    13 years ago

Healing vibes and sunflowers sent your way

• gandle
    13 years ago

Get well quickly, we need you.

• User
    13 years ago

Good thoughts and vibes coming your way.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Shoot! I never scroll down far enough before I post! More good wishes and sunflowers coming your way, Michael! We can never have enough of those. (I'll spare you more hugs.) :>)

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    13 years ago

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

Michael, I'm sending you lots of sunflowers and
    prayers for a quick recovery and a total cure.

Take care.

• jazmynsmom
    13 years ago

Best of luck for a speedy recovery, Michael. I'm on home nurse duty helping Steve recover from his rotator cuff surgery yesterday. Hopefully whoever is helping you recover is better at it than I am!

• Pidge
    13 years ago

Michael, I am sorry to say that I did not know that you were ill and required surgery. I join everyone else here in saying that I hope you have a speedy recovery. Hang in, good man.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Feel better soon, Michael!!!

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Today is the first day since the surgery that I feel at least half human. Stopped the hydrocodone yesterday so I'm quite clear headed this morning. Will test out the body with an easy 30 minute run on the treadmill in a bit. A week off from exercising is the pits. Damned hard to produce endorphins whilst sitting on one's butt.....

• meldy_nva
    13 years ago

Glad you're feeling better.

Don't be surprised if that "easy" workout doesn't quite make it... it takes a very gradual build-up to get back on track, even if you've only been off for a couple weeks. One doc told me that for a *minor* injury, figure a 3-to-1 recovery: 3 weeks to get back to normal for each week of injury AFTER the injury is completely healed. That's for sprains and broken bones, I don't know how that would compute for a surgery, but I suspect similar since the point is that it takes time to re-condition the muscles after a period of inactivity.

• krista_marie
    13 years ago

Glad your feeling human again :)

• coconut_nj
    13 years ago

I'm glad you're doing better and so glad your quest for 'the dorph' is still active. Smiles. Be good to yourself, you'll get there.

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Now that I'm feeling better (cheeky monkey and all that) I am quite disappointed that no one mentioned chicken bones, blue paint and/or feathers.

Found a list on how to produce endorphins. I must be a true junkie, cause I do all seven of the things on that list, without aknowin' before hand about them.

How to produce endorphins
    and a bit about their effects.....

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

endorphinjunkie,glad you're feeling better, but what's up with the cheeky monkey, chicken bones, blue paint and/or feathers?

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Welcome back cheeky monkey!

• User
    13 years ago

Old posts, some from Dicken the originator of blue paint, feathers and Madeira on GP.

garden party theme song

wisdom at no cost

The Garden Party Jun 26, 01 and earlier

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Michael, I am so glad that your are feeling better but don't push yourself. Know from my own experience that it does not pay.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Thanks for the links don_social. GP looked to be a lot more active back then, and it was fun reading some of the posts.