Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
25 February 2011

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 7:30

Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.

Hunter S. Thompson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 25 February 2011

Reminds me of Heinlein's "The Number of the Beast" and the planet without lawyers.
(With apology to my cousin)

o

I'd say to, Hunter S. Thompson. Get out of your fog, quit whining, get a new lawyer. One that specializes in your lifestyle.

o

Nerve-racking enough to go to court, without a lawyer who thinks ill of you. Wonder if this quote is from a novel or from his real life.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 23:54

From what I know of Hunter S. Thompson this may have been the best lawyer he could get, the times and his life were not terribly compatible, to say the least.

o

Gads, if I was a lawyer, he would be one of my least favorite client. He is all over the place.

"He is known also for his unrepentant lifelong use of alcohol, LSD, mescaline, and cocaine (among other substances); his love of firearms; his long-standing hatred of Richard Nixon; and his iconoclastic contempt for authoritarianism."

He is also mixing it up with the military.

I did not see anything where anyone is questioning his freedom of speech.
I see him bit@hing about some lawyer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here