Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Wonder how I get there sometimes

rob333 (zone 7b)
13 years ago

I just realized Abraham Zapruder is the person whom we can thank for flip videos, cameras on phones being used to capture images as they happen, and even truer reporting (straight from citizens) for so many of the events in recent history. Actually seeing what happens gives some of us closure, and it can be good, but could one imagine that what he filmed would've taken us so far? Or in this direction? Then, I stopped and thought, how did I reach this thought?

My boss just ran in the door from a meeting, grabbing his coat, and literally running out the door to catch a flight to Dallas which will take him across the Atlantic. I decided to look at what the weather is like in Dallas that would "cancel all but his flight". So I looked up "webcams Dallas" and sure enough, snowy ground and slow moving cars. Amazing, I can see what it looks like in Dallas, right this very moment. There was a link on the Dallas webcam site for Dealy Plaza. I'd seen Jeopardy the other night and "strange history" was a category. I'd only caught the tailend, but the answer was Abraham Zapruder and the question involved him dreaming and "snapping" (him awake or the person in the dream). Which led me to an article about Abraham Zapruder's judicious use of the footage and how he donated portions of the money he was paid to the widow and children of the slain Dallas police officer, JD Tippet. Still haven't found the words about his dream from Jeopardy.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions