Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

I give up!

agnespuffin
12 years ago

I got up, put on a long sleeved blouse, It's February...right? And now it's too hot...it's supposed to hit 83 today. Day after tomorrow...in the low 50s for a day or two and then back up into the 80s.

That's the way it's been all this winter. Up, down, up down, up down. I am fed up with dressing for the beach one day and the ice pond the next.

I guess I should be thankful that I don't have to worry about the snow blower, it's this uncertain, mish mash of your guess is as good as mine, that's getting to me.

I think we can count on one thing....it's going to be very hot this summer.

Comments (5)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

You could dress like we did when we lived in Monterey, CA. First, you put on a bathing suit. Then, you covered it with jeans, shirt, socks, and shoes. Then, you put on a "wind breaker" jacket. As the day progressed, you would take each layer off as needed. And then, as the sun went down, you'd put back on as needed. Every day.
    :)

Yes, yesterday evening, we sat on the patio when we got home from work/school, dreading going inside. Because, we knew when it ended the temperature would drop all night long. Winter coats back on today.

• meldy_nva
    12 years ago

A mish-mash of weather is sort of s.o.p around here, including the zooming temperature changes. Just not quite as far up and down in January and February as this year has demonstrated. I've always had 3 wardrobes: Jan/Feb (triple-snowflake undies, heavy sweaters, heavier coats, warmest sox); July/Aug (as little as decency permits); and the rest of the months which are accommodated in layers for comfort in temperatures that can range from just-above freezing to the mid-80's. Since last autumn, the only wardrobe which has stayed packed away is the skimpy summmer wear.

This past week has seen daytimes in the 50's, 60's and 70's; this weekend is supposed to have highs in the 30s and low 40s.

I'm presently polishing the crystal ball to determine (a.k.a. making a wild guess) the upcoming last-frost planting date. Historically that would be May 10th to 15th; past couple years last frost was mid-April. I've just about decided a good guess for this year would the very apt first of April.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Temps are going like a yo-yo here too, but I have not worn a heavy duty wool sweater all winter and the snowshovel has only gathered dust. A local newspaper editor and I decided to do a snowdance since we had just a dusting here and there, but she and I are in the minority, everybody else seems to be happy with the weather.

• calliope
    12 years ago

You can take it to the bank, if there is balmy weather all through March and April and you put out your garden the first week of May you will have at least one, more likely three nights in the twenties. Mother Nature always has the last laugh.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

We have also had up and down temps this fall and winter. My entire wardrobe is out in the open, nothing is put away. I never know what I'll need from day to day.

Sponsored
More Discussions