Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wandaredhead

Cleaning the Toilet

wandaredhead
16 years ago

This is probably an oldie but the first time I saw it.

I think it's a hoot and ssoooo true!!

Toilet Cleaning Instructions:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/4 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat then pet and soothe him lovingly while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one fast smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You will need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds.

Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, cats actually enjoy this.

5. Flush the toilet two or three times. This provides a 'power-wash and rinse.'

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

{{gwi:142406}}

Sincerely,

The Dog

{{gwi:142407}}

Comments (26)

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

Well, you have three dogs here rolling on the floor.

• pamven
    16 years ago

Cats rule....dogs drool.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    16 years ago

Poor kitty. Why is that funny?

• plantphreak_ca
    16 years ago

It's funny because it addresses the sometimes nasty behavior of a cat who is forced to endure the indignity of coming in contact with water, and that dogs are easily amused, by describing an absurd scenario.

• wandaredhead
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was funny to me for the same reason(s) plantphreak said.

• jazmynsmom
    16 years ago

LOL, Wanda! My cat might just be demented enough to enjoy it! (though I wish Izzy were smaller because her wire coat would probably scrub better)

• tibs
    16 years ago

It is funny because of the matter of fact way it is written.

Tibs, owned by 6 cats

• User
    16 years ago

I usually have 3 on my lap when I am in front of the computer and there are more running around here. Have you ever tried to give a cat a bath? I have done it many times and have scars to prove it.

• User
    16 years ago

Meant to add, I am sure this is tongue in cheek but the visual is quite funny.Just don't let the cat see you laughing. They can hold a grudge for a very long time.

• anneliese_32
    16 years ago

I had to bath two rescue kittens who were not only flea infested and dirty but also skunked! It helped that I had never done it, otherwise I would have run the other way. One never forgave me the cleaning procedure and would not come near me, the other appreciated it though and often would jump in the bathtub or the sink (with water in it).
    Cats do carry a grudge.

• wandaredhead
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"Cats do carry a grudge." ...LOL
    Sometimes for a looonnnggg time.

I look at the face on that little cat and think, "Boy, someone's going to live to regret that." LOL

You can see the cat'atude all over it's body.

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

Cat's do have 'tude....

Cat a tude

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Dogs think they're human...cat's think they're God. Having both species,I'd rather mess with humans.

• andie_rathbone
    16 years ago

My cats would like to point out that they are highly insulted by this indignity to their species. The dog is too busy trying to lure any of them into the bathroom to comment.

• lilod
    16 years ago

May cats rolled on the floor, laughing like maniacs, as they imagined me being able to get any of them into the toilet-bowl and closing the lid before they made bloody stumps of my arms!
    They know the whole thing was some dog's demented fantasy!

• acorn
    16 years ago

Oreo and Kreem never let me use the toilet by myself. Oreo likes to get on the tank and style my hair while I use the toilet. Kreem just waits to watch everything go down, I have to close the lid so he doesn't help it go down. I can hardly get them in a kitty carrier so dropping them in hardly seems an option. If I ever do I will have blessed peace in the bathroom.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    16 years ago

I'm new here - always thought this was a kind and gentle kind of of a place. I have lived with cats. My last kitty lived to be 20 years old. And yes - I have had to bathe a cat, and understand that they do not take naturally to water. That said, the concept of violence (putting a cat into a toilet, closing the lid and flushing) is under my radar as far as humor goes.

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

Don't take it too personally, Seagrass, most of us have an off the wall sense of humour. Some of us grew up with Loony Tunes, Tom and Jerry, etc. We are not axe murders nor do we torture small animals. Most of us here have pets, plural.

The humour in this thread was a closing of rank and an effort to avoid a food fight.

• wandaredhead
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I apologize if this thread offended anyone.

I would never, ever consider cleaning my cat(s) or toilet this way.
    I found the humor in this at the impossibility of being able to do such a thing.

As far as my furry children:
    I have two capuchin monkeys (both 20 years old) that I bathe 4-5 times a week.
    They have their own shampoo, towels and wash clothes.

I had a special sink put in my sun room to bathe my fur children to make bathing as pleasant an experience as possible for them.

Our mini-Pom gets a regular bath in the tub with my 12-year-old son.
    She also has her own special tangle-free shampoo.

Three of the parrots (B&G Macaw and two Umbrella cockatoos) have their own perch in my shower.
    They get a 'shower' at least once a week and daily get a misting with warm water from a special pressurized bottle where the mist is tiny, tiny.

The two smaller birds love to get in a bowl in the sink for their baths.
    They splash water everywhere.

As far as the two cats, I have NEVER considered putting them IN any water.
    When they are in our laps being loved, we use a special pet handy-wipe I get at the pet store.
    They love it and the special attention they get while being cleaned/groomed.

The horses and goat are washed with a water hose...and not cold water.
    Mr. Man put an instant water heater on the pipe where they get a warm bath.

Again, I apologize if this thread looked in any way like I was even suggesting such.

• User
    16 years ago

Just imagine how much skin would be left on me if I tried to get these fuzzy slugs into any kind of water. They will do just about any thing for a good brushing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fur Babies

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, I should have just been silent. I like coming to this forum and hope I can come again. I do not mean to present myself as argumentative or obtuse. I just didn't understand the humor.

• User
    16 years ago

Please, speak up and let this slightly off kilter bunch get to know you. Each personality has a place and we bring different points of view to light. The trick is to realize we are different and can learn from one another.

• wandaredhead
    Original Author
    16 years ago

seagrass,

No, don't stay silent.
    The majority of this group is 'slightly off kilter' and 'have off the wall sense of humor' with me being known to paint outside the lines more than most.

New voices and views are always welcome.

Maybe I should have been a little more sensitive.
    Knowing this animal-loving group owned by their fur-babies and knowing how I am about mine, it was strictly a 'tongue-in-cheek' joke.

Please speak up with any questions you may have.

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

My Boxer Joe
    Of the 15 toe
    Says stay, don't go
    My Compter be so slow
    Storm came through with a blow
    Lightning making things glow...

{{gwi:142409}}

• meldy_nva
    16 years ago

Sometime I'll tell you about Callie, a tiny four-pound cat. As a kitten, no, beginning with kittenhood, she adored water in any form but most especially when it had bubbles. Dishwashing invariably ended with rinsing and drying the cat. So, of course we also learned to step carefully when in the shower. SOP. But can you imagine what happened when DH decided to take a long hot bubbly bath and didn't lock the door? And Callie took a spread-clawed running leap into the middle of all those wonderful bubbles?

And if you think cats hold a grudge for a long time....

• wandaredhead
    Original Author
    16 years ago

meldy,

LOLOLOL!!

How hysterical!!!

Sponsored
More Discussions