Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

The Work of An Artist

agnespuffin
13 years ago

About the time that Michael posted about the melanoma on his arm, my husband went to his dermatologist for his yearly check up. (he has a history of tiny little skin cancers.) She called a few days later. She had removed a teensy, tiny little black spot next to his nose. It was sooo small that she almost left it alone. However, you guessed it, it turned out to be a melanoma. Immediately, I thought...facial scars!

She didn't want to do any more herself because of the possible scars. A flap would have to be cut in order to see what was going on underneath. No way of telling ahead of surgery just how extensive it would be. I'm sure you know we were dreading what he might look like even if all that was done was cutting a flap. She sent him to a plastic surgeon.

The DH came back from the surgeon with a bandage down one side of his nose and onto his upper lip. A few days later the bandage came off and what a WONDERFUL surprise.

He had cut in exactly the right place down the side of his nose, around the flare of the nostril, up into the nose, and down onto his upper lip. (how he managed to lift a flap, i'll never know.)

Even though the cut was fairly fresh, it didn't show. Now, a few weeks later, it's difficult to even see where and what was done.

When I think of the people that I have known that have facial scars, I think about how lucky he was to have been referred to this surgeon.

That's what I mean about The Work of An Artist.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Fairfax County Distinguished Landscape Contractors | 4x Best of Houzz
More Discussions