Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hard to believe

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 11 at 17:27

We have the doors and windows open all over the house. There was about 24 inches of snow on the ground but both bank signs agree, it is 72 degrees today. Water running everywhere. Would like to wash the car but with all the water in the streets, think it would be futile. Weatherwoman assures us that this sort of weather wuill be with us all week. Ridiculus conditions for February, but I love it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hard to believe

This is February for these parts. We only made it to 65 degrees, though. But the week promises more of the same.

It's definitely a mood lifter, a much needed one. Played with the dogs for most of the afternoon, running around the yard.

o

And I thought it was warm here with a windy 58 degrees.

o

Wow, I was more than happy with our 50 degrees today. I'm not quite sure what I'd have done with 72. Enjoy.

o

We've had a very dry and somewhat warm Feb. I like the weather but I dread the "D" (drought) word, so I'm happy to see that the next 6 days will have rain. It's somewhat of a trade off, dry weather in the winter translates into drought in summer.

o

George, you were warmer there than here in Georgia.
We made it to 70 one day. It has been beautiful here
and we are happy the weather is great for the Extreme Home Makeover folks in Rossville. It is unbelievable what those folks can get done in a week.

A heads up for the Sandhill Cranes, George, I saw a flock
flying over the house last Friday. Spring is on it's way.
I love it!!!!!

o

Andy Avalos, my favorite local weather guy, says we may just break a decades-old temperature record of 60 degrees today. Wow, and it was below zero just one week ago today.

I may pull out my lounge chair, go outside and sun myself, if I remember how. lol

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here