Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

Weather, Sigh...............

west_gardener
10 years ago

We've been talking about the drought here in CA. Now we have had some rain, and they are talking about floods and mudslides.
Big sigh, I was enjoying the rain.

Comments (9)

• desert_cat_ca
    10 years ago

Rain for 10 minutes in the desert..

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

The pineapple express has arrived! Floods and mudslides are normal this time of the year, likely more so after this long drought, It's life in California

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Snow for the next few days here in Utah. I know we need the water too but the catalogs are coming in, seeds are out, peppers are started. Mays needs to hurry up and get here..

• User
    10 years ago

Got a small amount Thursday evening, just a drop of what is needed.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess spiders don't like the wet weather, because since the rain started they are finding their way into the house. Ugh.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Just a slight dusting of snow today. Yesterday the world looked like a fairytale. The icecovered trees had acquired icicles on Thursday and yesterday we had sun but bitter cold. Early at sunrise the whole backyard shimmerd pink, during most of the day it looked like diamonds covered everything and during sunset Alladin's cave got emptied, the trees were bedeckt in all the colors of precious stones. Unfortuntely photography does not pick up the glitter and all you get is basic black and white pictures, the trees and snow, none of the glitter.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

It's ephemeral, but oh, so beautiful!
    I am sitting here, watching the rain fall like a curtain, something that hasn't happened for more than a year! A good old gully-washer!
    Hope it wakes up the daffodils and crocus, sure the bulbs need to plump up - may be too late...sigh

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welcome to the garden party, desert_cat_ca and dmkelly, glad you shared your weather with us. It has been one difficult year for a lot of us. Sigh.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    10 years ago

With lilo talking about "daffodils and crocus," I decided to look out for those plants during our walk around the neighborhood yesterday. I saw six daffys and three little crocus. There used to be tons of these flowers at this time.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions