Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter finally made it

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 18:32

Predicted 15 below zero tonight with 25 mph wind high tomorrow of 6. A little uncomfortable outside. I hope all the animals have shelter from the wind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter finally made it

I do wish that mother nature would do things in moderation, but that's not happening in your neck of the woods.
Take care.

o

Don't think our predicted snow will amount to anything, we are at the edge of the system again but it is also getting cold and windy, the lowest temps so far this winter are predicted for the next couple of days. Filled all the birdfeeders this evening and put a couple of trashcans without lids on their sides, openings toward the wall and old blankets inside for any critter who wants some shelter.

o

They amended the forecast to 20 to 25 below. Guess the scorzonera and parsnips will stay in the ground a few more days. Kind of like digging in concrete.

o

We have had some nights around zero or below, but not too many - night temps are in the tens and teens this week. This is my first winter in CO and they really do not report wind chill temps. When I lived in MI, wind chill was always a factor since a temp of 10 degrees could feel like 15 below with wind chill.

Did have a lot of snow last Friday/Saturday, I got 22" where I am and some cities/towns 20 miles away got 36" to 50" of snow. I have put out extra food for the birds, and they are loving the suet right now for the extra fat in it to keep them warm.

o

As I predicted, no snow. I got cold and is getting colder though. The squirrels knew it, yesterday they collected dry oak leaves from the 3 trees that hold on to their leaves until the new ones come, somewhen in April.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here