Trees, grass and flowers
fill senses
with a perfume natural
remembrance

lightening thunder
gentle rain
clean fresh morning
again

Just thought it would help to visualize warm weather.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer

Guess this will be today's quote. Is it OK to quote one's self?

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 19:05

Of course it is, Don - and it's a good one, too

o

Not a problem at all. Don't have to imagine warm weather. The warm spell of the last few weeks have chased winter away for a bit. It's 73 right now. The southern wind is bringing humidity up from the Gulf. Swatted my first mosquito of the season. Must be a record. Even the oak trees are beginning to leaf out.

We should get a spell of rough weather tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully nothing to worry much about.

o

Sure, it's ok to quote oneself. You painted a very nice pic, with words, about summer. My winter garden is turning into spring, my broccoli is bolting. My mind will turn to your summer vision.
My apple trees are budding and the flowers will be out with their lovely fragrance soon. I wish I could write the way you do to explain the senses. Perhaps I'll take some pics as my "quote".
Very nice, don_socal, do more of the same.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 13:52

That's not only "your own quote", it's poetry. Very nice!

o

Thank you.

o

You paint such a lovely picture in one's mind. That was especially nice to read after yesterday's departing shot from February, since the backyard is cold, deep mud, still standing puddles and tree litter.

o

MAGIC TIME. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Don, if that's the stuff that comes out of your brainwaves,
you can come sit in my gazebo ANY day----bring Missy, too!

--your light made my day.

o

Thanks again to all the kids at heart. KJ, Missy and I would love to come sit in your gazebo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here