Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lotusgreen

Just saying hello....

lotusgreen
11 years ago

Hi. I feel like I'm arriving at this party after everyone has gone home! I'll explore around, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cool things I should check out.

Thanks!

Lily

Comments (20)

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi lotusgreen and welcome to the Garden Party. This board has been around for many, many years and we are still here.
    If you want some cool things, do a search of this site, and you'll find all kind of "cool" things.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Hi, lotusgreen. Stick around please, we need some new points of view, questions and stirring up.

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Hello, Lotusgreen - what a nice screen-name that is - pull up a chair and stay for a while

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Hi, Lotusgreen, and welcome to the Garden Party. I echo the invitation to "stay for awhile"; there's always room for one more at the table. :)

• lotusgreen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow--that was fun-- thanks!

I have to admit--I feel a little guilty being here in Berkeley, California (and talking about it) amidst all these storm reports... but... this year the white violets have finally caught up with the purple ones in my grass -- so pretty. The ume tree and the next yard's magnolia's blossoms are both the same shade of rich pink....

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi again, lotusgreen, I live in silicon valley, CA and the trees and other plants around here are starting to show their colors. Very pretty and welcome.
    I've been to Berkeley, and it is a great place, with all kinds of plantings.

• lotusgreen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi west-gardener. I was out and about a bit today and was blown away: it seemed like every single fruit tree/street tree was suddenly in full bloom.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Hi Lotusgreen. How about some pictures? Here in cold WV, I'm thrilled to have seen two robins in the last week, and the crocus are beginning to poke their green shoots up. But that's all there is, so far.

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Well, lotus, I am glad that you are seiing blossoms; I live in Mendocino County and so far, not even the crocus have made an appearance, my crab-apple trees showing a little bud-swell, that's all, so far

• lotusgreen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay -- I'll go out with my camera...

but this one is from 2007:

{{gwi:143453}}

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Very pretty, and thank you. I'm not much of a gardener, so is it a bush, and what kind? (Perhaps you can tell, I come to the GP for conversation!) :)

• lotusgreen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's a small bank of what the park rangers call "fox plums." They're plum trees of which the foxes eat the fruit and, uh, distribute the seeds,

• Janis_G
    11 years ago

The daffodils are blooming here in North Georgia.
    The Sand-hill Cranes are flying north every day.
    We've had nothing but clouds and rain.
    Sunshine come back home to Georgia, please.

• don_socal
    11 years ago

Hello, thanks for checking in. You may like reading back through the pages to get to know the different personalities here. There is also a gallery where pictures have been posted that goes back a few years. Some pictures have disappeared but many are still there. Have been here for a few years and still like the format. Although face book has lured a few away some still read and pop in from time to time.

• docmom_gw
    11 years ago

I'm so glad I peeked in here. I've been on Gardenweb for many years, and I assumed "Garden Party" involved planning parties in people's gardens. Now that I know there's so much more to it, I'll be back often. I love all the gardening forums, but I'd love to have some conversations that go a bit deeper. I'll be checking out some old threads to find out more about what you're all about.

Martha

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Glad you dropped by, join the party

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

Hi Lotus,

You and I are almost-neighbors. I'm farther northwest, in Santa Rosa and working diligently to GET OUT. But that's another talk show. lol

No garden of my own but I'm seeing daffodils and um, dogwood trees? Redbud trees? Some kind of tree with pink-ish buds that have just come out in the last few days.

Welcome to the GP.

Karen

• kushy28
    11 years ago

Hi !!!!
    I am very happy to see the natures beauty.No words to show my happiness.Only one should feel that.

• kushy28
    11 years ago

Hello to every one............
    :-)

• pretty.gurl
    11 years ago

hi there

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions