Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just saying hello....

Posted by lotusgreen 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 18:57

Hi. I feel like I'm arriving at this party after everyone has gone home! I'll explore around, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cool things I should check out.

Thanks!

Lily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just saying hello....

Hi lotusgreen and welcome to the Garden Party. This board has been around for many, many years and we are still here.
If you want some cool things, do a search of this site, and you'll find all kind of "cool" things.

o

Hi, lotusgreen. Stick around please, we need some new points of view, questions and stirring up.

o

Hello, Lotusgreen - what a nice screen-name that is - pull up a chair and stay for a while

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 13:04

Hi, Lotusgreen, and welcome to the Garden Party. I echo the invitation to "stay for awhile"; there's always room for one more at the table. :)

o

Wow--that was fun-- thanks!

I have to admit--I feel a little guilty being here in Berkeley, California (and talking about it) amidst all these storm reports... but... this year the white violets have finally caught up with the purple ones in my grass -- so pretty. The ume tree and the next yard's magnolia's blossoms are both the same shade of rich pink....

o

Hi again, lotusgreen, I live in silicon valley, CA and the trees and other plants around here are starting to show their colors. Very pretty and welcome.
I've been to Berkeley, and it is a great place, with all kinds of plantings.

o

Hi west-gardener. I was out and about a bit today and was blown away: it seemed like every single fruit tree/street tree was suddenly in full bloom.

o

Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 20:56

Hi Lotusgreen. How about some pictures? Here in cold WV, I'm thrilled to have seen two robins in the last week, and the crocus are beginning to poke their green shoots up. But that's all there is, so far.

o

Well, lotus, I am glad that you are seiing blossoms; I live in Mendocino County and so far, not even the crocus have made an appearance, my crab-apple trees showing a little bud-swell, that's all, so far

o

Okay -- I'll go out with my camera...

but this one is from 2007:

plum afternoon

o

Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 16:10

Very pretty, and thank you. I'm not much of a gardener, so is it a bush, and what kind? (Perhaps you can tell, I come to the GP for conversation!) :)

o

It's a small bank of what the park rangers call "fox plums." They're plum trees of which the foxes eat the fruit and, uh, distribute the seeds,

o

The daffodils are blooming here in North Georgia.
The Sand-hill Cranes are flying north every day.
We've had nothing but clouds and rain.
Sunshine come back home to Georgia, please.

o

Hello, thanks for checking in. You may like reading back through the pages to get to know the different personalities here. There is also a gallery where pictures have been posted that goes back a few years. Some pictures have disappeared but many are still there. Have been here for a few years and still like the format. Although face book has lured a few away some still read and pop in from time to time.

o

I'm so glad I peeked in here. I've been on Gardenweb for many years, and I assumed "Garden Party" involved planning parties in people's gardens. Now that I know there's so much more to it, I'll be back often. I love all the gardening forums, but I'd love to have some conversations that go a bit deeper. I'll be checking out some old threads to find out more about what you're all about.

Martha

o

Glad you dropped by, join the party

o

Hi Lotus,

You and I are almost-neighbors. I'm farther northwest, in Santa Rosa and working diligently to GET OUT. But that's another talk show. lol

No garden of my own but I'm seeing daffodils and um, dogwood trees? Redbud trees? Some kind of tree with pink-ish buds that have just come out in the last few days.

Welcome to the GP.

Karen

o

Hi !!!!
I am very happy to see the natures beauty.No words to show my happiness.Only one should feel that.

o

Hello to every one............
:-)

o

hi there

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here