Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

A new car in the neighborhood.

west_gardener
11 years ago

DH and I were out for walk in our neighborhood today, and DH noticed a new car in the driveway of one of our neighbors.
I don't know much of anything about cars ,and I really don't know one car from another and I don't get impressed about what people drive The last car the exited me was the 1957 Thunderbird.but even I was impressed with this new car.
It looked great and It had solar panels in the roof, I was thinking "green car".
All I need is about 100k, and it would be mine.

Comments (12)

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooops, forgot to post the link.
    Also, to say that it is not easy to be green.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fisker, Karma

• gabriell_gw
    11 years ago

Is the car company the same as the Fisker scissor company? Just curious.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

WG, I'm with you! That is one classy looking car. I didn't linger long enough to read the details, b/c I have to leave the house, shortly, but when I come back later, I definitely want to look further. Thanks for posting the link.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi gabriell, I looked at my scissors and rotary wheel and it says Fiskars, spelled with and a, the car name is spelled with an e.
    It also says USA, the car is made in Finland, so it does not look like the companies are the same.
    BTW, I just luv my Fiskars tools.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness! I am a gearhead. I love that. It could almost take the Tesla Roadsters place. Yes! Good looking.

It only does 0-to-60-mph 7.9 seconds, where Tesla is 3.7 seconds. But still good looking. If they can get that giddy up to go a bit faster, I'd be looking at Karma. If I had the money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tesla electric roadster

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Hot Wheels! Good for driving city streets and Interstates and major highways. Not for dirt-roads and off the grid - and to haul hay and and such, but some day they may come out with a pick-up :)

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tesla and Fisker had a legal dispute. See link below.

Lol, I'd be afraid to drive either car. Too many buttons. I would probably drive it in the drive way and go through the garage doors in a flash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tesla and Fisker dispute.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    11 years ago

They're built in Anaheim. Fisker was design designer at Aston Martin. Also designed the BMW Z8. Seriously good!

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It seems the Headquarters are in Anaheim for the Karma, but some of the cars are built in Finland and shipped to the US.
    See the link below.
    I think the Tesla is built somewhere here in the Bay Area. I'm happy to see that CA is part of the innovative world.GO CA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fisker/Karma

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

My Karma run over your dogma...:)

• don_socal
    11 years ago

Like the Tesla, will look at this one. Things are changing from when I was younger and had 8 different used cars in high school that cost between $10 and $300. Good thing I was an Aviation electronics tech in the Navy, can transfer some knowledge to the cars as they develop.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Don, you are so right about about the importance about being able to transfer knowledge in our fast changing world. I'm finding out that it is important to keep up to date on new developments so one can move forward to the next step.
    I tend to keep my comfortable old stuff too long, and when I want/need a new thing, I have a huge learning curve.
    We drive "old" cars but DH has kept up with the new developments.

DH studied mechanical engineering in college, and his grand father owned one of the first Ford franchises back east. DH worked in the pit and learned all about the "guts" of a car.
    When he saw the Karma, he knew that we were looking at new technology. But he was quick to figure out, in general, how the car was built.

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994
More Discussions