Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arrrgh!

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 20:50

What a day. Possum got scared and freaked out this morning and snagged the back of Missy's hand. A trail of blood led to the bathroom. Her hand was swollen to twice normal in just a few minutes as the vein was cut and blood gathered under the skin.

Emergicare is just down the street but was not open. There was another one open luckily a few miles away attached to the same hospital so they had access to all her records.

After we got back possum had a trip to the vet to get her nails clipped. Now I will have to keep after her so her weapons stay dull. Need to get a good cat nail trimmer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arrrgh!

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 23:21

Oh that is scary! The critters sure can do some damage fast, and don't even mean it.
My best to Missy for a swift recovery.
I had a bloodbath with cat Taffy not so long ago, and he did the ripping a vein -in the dark, in my bed - and by the time I sorted it all out, there was so much blood (or it looked like it) I thought I was a goner - but it looked a lot worse than it was.

o

That must have been a fright. Hope Missy feels better by now and the swelling has gone down.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 13:55

Wow! That must have been scary! Glad Missy was able to get care, quickly.

o

Oh my, oh my, what a scary situation. Good thing you were around to get Missy the care she needed. Glad she is better. Whew.

o

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, the swelling has gone down but the black and blue has spread to the rest of her hand. They said it would do that and be reabsorbed and be weird looking for a couple of weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here