Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When you are really glad to be told you have an infection

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 21:43

guess most of you know I have lymphoma but after 18 chemos it has been in remission, Last week glands began swelling high in my neck and under my chin. Just like they did with the active disease, Family doctor thought it might be bad news and called the oncologist and got me in this A.M. Well, after a CT scan and a lot of poking and prodd
ng she said "you have quite an infection". Leone said we expected bad news and does he need more chemo? Doctor, "no, that's great news , he has a rather severe case of salivary gland infection, we can cure that in about a week. She agreed with my doctor that it sure did mimic the return. Weird, good news I have a severe infection. How many times have you ever said that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When you are really glad to be told you have an infection

. Good to hear it is something easily defeated. How is Leone?

o

Hope that both you and Leone will be back to your normal selves as soon as possible.

o

What a relief! You and Leone have healing thoughts from me, get well!

o

Whew! I can only imagine how relieved you both must be. I hope you both feel better very soon.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 18:34

George, this is one time that a "bad infection" is a "good thing"! Silly words, but this time, they're very true. I'm so glad that your infection will respond to treatment fairly quickly. More good thoughts and prayers for both you and Leone are coming your way.

o

Yes, I have heard something like that. Oh, how I'd rather have (and this is far far far far far less than you) tendonitis than a stress fracture in my leg. Not the same. But I hear you. I was so glad it wasn't a broken bone and "only" PT was needed. I'm glad all you need is a bit of TLC. Take care and get well!

o

That was welcome news compared to what it could have been.
I wish you and Leone fast healing, you are both in my thoughts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here