Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

A weird flashback.

gandle
10 years ago

Leone set up her small quilting frame in a spare bedroom, the quilt drapes down on 3 sides, touching the floor.

Weird but I see a tent.. The memory that popped in my head was of crawling under a quilt that grandma and one of her clubs were quilting. I couldn't have been more than 4 years old and laying on the carpet with a toy car. I had the quilt on top and was surrounded by a forest of mostly ankles and shoes. I was busy running the car overt a stripe in the carper, I guess pretending it was a road and There was non-stop chatter and low laughter from the women and I never felt anymore secure in my life.

I fell asleep and remember when grandma woke me because the women were all in the big old kitchen and there was fresh warm gingerbread with the extra thick whipped cream. There was even a maraschino cherry on top. Remember not caring for the cherry.

Man, I must be losing it flashing back about 83 years just by looking at a quilt draped over a frame. Ought to get my head checked, must be running a quart low. Enough, more than enough.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions