Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A weird flashback.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 22:14

Leone set up her small quilting frame in a spare bedroom, the quilt drapes down on 3 sides, touching the floor.

Weird but I see a tent.. The memory that popped in my head was of crawling under a quilt that grandma and one of her clubs were quilting. I couldn't have been more than 4 years old and laying on the carpet with a toy car. I had the quilt on top and was surrounded by a forest of mostly ankles and shoes. I was busy running the car overt a stripe in the carper, I guess pretending it was a road and There was non-stop chatter and low laughter from the women and I never felt anymore secure in my life.

I fell asleep and remember when grandma woke me because the women were all in the big old kitchen and there was fresh warm gingerbread with the extra thick whipped cream. There was even a maraschino cherry on top. Remember not caring for the cherry.

Man, I must be losing it flashing back about 83 years just by looking at a quilt draped over a frame. Ought to get my head checked, must be running a quart low. Enough, more than enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A weird flashback.

I love reading your stories. Tell us more.

o

A beautiful memory, something to treasure. Brings some of mine to mind.

o

Wonderful flashback! With a feeling of security and of good feelings. Some things from the past just got to be brought out of storage every once in a while, nothing wrong with your head,George

o

Sometimes I wonder how our mental filing system works. Seeing or hearing something opens one of those drawers and what falls out is completely unexpected. You are not alone, Georg.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 11:04

George, we never get enough of your stories and reminisences (sp.?)--Oh heck, remembering things! :>) Your memory of being warm, cozy, and secure is a very precious memory--one that got tucked away in the recesses of your mind.

Thanks for sharing.

o

Never enough, George. Your posts are what keep me coming back here. Thanks for sharing your memories. :o)

Karen

o

That's such a beautiful flashback to come popping up like that. Ever notice how a song or a certain smell takes you somewhere you've forgotten? Happens to me all the time. You're such a gifted storyteller. We WANT MORE! Thx George!

o

(((George))) that was a special gift. Don't need your head checked at all!

smiles!

o

I believe the older I get, the more frequently I have those kinds of memories pop up.

George, I really wish you would record on tape those memories when they happen and then have somebody transcribe them in book form. Do you know how much you inspire us and how much we love your wisdom, memories and great outlook on life?

By the way, how is the "crazy cat"?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here