Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for my past...

Posted by shilty 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 22:45

There was a time when I could eat a candy bar and not find it clinging to my chin the very next day.

In that era - at least 30 years ago, my fave was something I believe was made by the Mars Candy Company, but not sure... it was a single candy bar, covered with chocolate, but the inside was an assortment of pieces of candy, generally always a large nut, caramel, perhaps a toffee piece, and several creams... all in a single bar about 3" x 2". Seems like the name contained the word 'Avenue'.

Does this ring any bell? If so, tap back and tell me what it was and if its still possible to find it.

Thanks!
s

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for my past...

5th Avenue bar? Has peanut butter inside, so this may not be what you're thinking of.

o

Shilty, please google Old Fashioned Candy. There are many companies listed which carry all kinds of candies which are not in you average store anymore - it's fun and a walk down memory lane. Caution though - you might drool!

o

Mars Bar. Cost a dime when others were a nickel.

o

Maybe one of these lists will jog your memory? Hopefully!

Here is a link that might be useful: candy be the decade at Old Time Candy

o

I remembr that candy bar I think it might have been called 7-up I think there were seven little squars

o
RE: I was right

THE SEVEN UP CANDY BAR. Got its name from having seven connected pieces, each with a different center. The bar came out in the 1930s, before the 7-Up Bottling Company began production of its soft drink � so the Trudeau Candy Company owned the trademark rights to the name. Eventually the 7-Up Bottling Company bought the bar and retired it, so they had exclusive use of the name no matter how it was spelled � Seven Up or 7-Up.

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 Candy Bars You�ll Never Eat.

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 12:59

Maybe Skybar?

o

If that was it, it's been "replaced" by the SkyBar. It has 4 of the seven centers.

Here is a link that might be useful: SkyBar

o

You twin you, Pam.

;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here