Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I spoil them?

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 6, 11 at 23:17

Some say that I spoil my animals, particularly those called livestock, the goats and chickens.
They have shelter and food and water, affection when wanted, vet-care when needed and an appropriate environment.
I call it good care and my responsibility.
Dogs and cats get the same treatment, and a bit of discipline when called for.
Dog has her own sleeping quarters, outside, for the night and she likes it that way, cats have an option: either in or out and prefer in and on my bed.
Is that spoiling/ I think not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I spoil them?

That's not spoiling, it is treating the animals in your care with the respect they deserve. That you love them is a given.

o

That word "spoil" is interesting. When someone uses it,say in reference to animals, I think it means in their opinion you are doing more for your pets than they are.The next time you see whomever it was that said that,ask them to define what they mean by spoil. If your goats are eating at your table then that's spoiling them,Lilo. LOL

o

You bet I do.
For being glad to see me when I come home.
For smiling with those silly dog teeth.
For always being close by my side.
For being a wonderful companion.
For all of the silly things he does.
For enriching my life.

o

I don't see where you are "spoiling" your animals. You have chosen to be a care taker and that's what you are doing.

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 21:39

If going out in single digit weather to seek special toys for Baby Kittah is spoiling, then yes we spoil our pets

o

I'm trying to get past the image of you dining with a goat, but if someone likes to do it that's okay. I love my cat and I'm sure I do spoil her but so what? She is good company and I really think she loves me too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here