Now at the end
the heart beats slow
pounding in the head
time to go.

Don

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 3-1-11

How timely! I received a week ago an invitation for the opening of a zip-line near my hometown in Germany on Easter.
I wont be going but my younger son would love it if they would have send him a plane ticket, LOL.
Thanks, 60 years ago I most likely would have loved to do that, seems you speak from experience.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 1, 11 at 10:31

I'll watch and cheer you on!

o

I you get the chance go for it as long as there are good people handling the ropes and safety gear there are no worries, just a great experience. I have done it a few times.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 1, 11 at 23:51

Well
Don, you climb trees as a routine LOL

o

Love the image. Thanks Don. I remember a while ago on the tv show The Race a couple of rather heavy people did a zip line. It sure did sag enough to let me know it wasn't meant for that kind of weight. Not that it would break, but the landing was less than... graceful. Smiles. Looks wonderful though.

o

If I could be guaranteed that I wouldn't die or be maimed,I'd parachute from a plane,"zip" off somewhere,go para sailing,anything fast and exciting like that.Guess I'll have to be satisfied with the Tilt A Whirl when the local carnival comes to town.

o

I did not know what a "zip line" was. I had to looked it up. But the feelings you describe in your poem can also go for other things,like getting ready to ski down a steep mountain or getting ready to jump a ski jump. You describe it very well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here